The scorching (extremely hot) summer, sun can cause sweating, get dehydrated and even break out into a heat rash. However, you can prevent some of these problems by dressing smart and wearing the right clothes to beat the heat.
Summer wear in India is really all about looking deliciously put together while being completely comfortable and socially appropriate
Best summer fabric
- Cotton: Absorbs the sweat from body & allows it to evaporate into the air. It is common natural fiber fabric, which helps to stay cool chic in summer.
- Linen: Choose lightweight linen to add to your wardrobe this summer. Perfect for official wide leg pants.
- Rayon: Manmade fabric, but it is light & comfy. Perfect for maternity printed tube dresses.
- Silk: Natural fiber considered a luxury material, amazingly soft & cool to the touch.
- Georgette: Similar to chiffon, is another sheer & airy material for hot days. Perfect for garden party.
- Jersey: blended, light weight & stretchy material. Perfect for maxi dresses.
- Chambray: Very lighter in weight. Woven fabric with denim look. Perfect for shirt dresses
- Seersucker: Type of cotton fabric for summer outfits. Perfect for shorts.
Opt for lighter colours
Colours like white, yellow, beige and other light shades keep you cool, because they reflect most of the sun’s rays back into the atmosphere. Dark fabrics on the other hand tend to absorb these rays and trap their heat, making you feel even hotter.Cheery, fruity , floweral prints and neutral colour outfits are best for summers.
Wear loose clothes
In summer, avoid wearing tight clothes that restrict your circulation. Your blood vessels tend to dilate in summer so that your body can cool itself by letting heat escape through your skin, so make it a point to wear loose and airy clothes to allow your blood to circulate freely.
Choose the right clothing styles
Mainly summer clothing is identical with shorts, dresses and sleeveless clothes; however these are not exactly the ideal garments for this season. They expose your skin to the sun’s rays, inviting problems like UV damage and heat rashes. While we’re supposed to apply sunscreen before we go out, a lot of people don’t actually do so, leaving their skin vulnerable and exposed. The heat also dries out your skin, causing it to become stiff and more prone to ageing and wrinkles. So right clothes like shirt dresses, tang top, white lace top with skirt & heels, denim shorts & sandals are the suitable right clothing styles.
Stay Stylish in Perfect Summer Tunics & Kaftans
An Indian tunic dress falls up to the calf or ankle and can be styled with leggings or palazzo trousers for more formal occasions.
Indian kaftans that have been adopted from their Arabian counterparts make for minimalistic, utilitarian and contemporary summer wear in India.
Fashion design & technology